The annual Vaughan Food Bank Spring Food Drive is currently under way! Begining on March 3rd 2008 and ending on March 31st 2008 the Vaughan Food Bank will be collecting non-perishable food items for the spring season.
Last year's Spring Food Drive was very successful. Due to the generosity of the community, the Vaughan Food Bank was able to meet its demand and bring a brighter smile to many needy families in Vaughan.
This year's Food Drive is required not only to help the needy residents of Vaughan, but also to keep our shelves stocked with food items for the coming summer until the Fall Food Drive of 2008.
The items most required are:
(a) Canned food items such as soups, fruit, vegetables, juices, pasta sauces etc.
(b) Cereals hot & cold, biscuits, crackers, cookies, cake mixes, pancake mixes etc.
(c) Toiletry items such as hand soap, dish soap, laundry detergent, razors, hair shampoos, paper hand towels, hair creams, cosmetics etc.
(d) Kraft dinners and all types of pasta.
(e) Jarred items such as pickles, sauces, jams, relishes, salad dressings etc.
(f) Baby diapers, sizes: 3 to 6.
Baby food is not required at this time. (I.e. jarred foods, baby cereals & formula)
Food items may be dropped off at the following Fire Stations in Vaughan:
- Thornhill Station: #71 - 835 Clark Ave
- Maple Station: #72 - 9290 Keele Street
- Woodbridge Station: #73 - 325 Woodbridge Avenue
- Kleinburg Station: #74 - 10665 Islington Ave.
- Woodbridge Station: #75 – 2 Fieldstone Dr
- Concord Station: #76 – 120 McCleary Court.
- Maple Station: #77 - Major MacKenzie Drive & Weston Road
- Concord Station: #78 – 111 Racco Pkwy.
- Kleinburg Station: #79 - 9601 Islington Ave.
or at the
Vaughan Food Bank, 71 Marycroft Avenue, Unit #8 (for directions to the food please click the following link: Click here for Google map)
For further information contact the Vaughan Food Bank at (905) 851-2333.
Director, Vaughan Food Bank